Thursday, September 4, 2008

Knit Night @ Yarns in the Farms

Last night I went to Yarns in the Farms for their Wednesday (and Tuesday) Knit Night! I met some very nice people and Wink remembered me from when I came in to buy the yarn (J. Knit's Lace-a-Licious) all the way back in May!

I brought along my Lauria's Lovely Lacy Shawl to work on while we chatted. Everyone really liked it and couldn't believe how simple the pattern is. I think that there's great beauty in simplicity. No one was in the least bit snotty about me crocheting, though everyone else had brought knitting and a couple of the women crochet, too.

We had interesting talks about many things from politics to glow in the dark yarn while people sipped red wine and "healthy" cookies. Of course I mentioned how much I love Ravelry and that it's worth the wait. It's hard to believe that there are any fiber artists that aren't on it!

I was definitely coveting the Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Chunky yarn. It is so beautiful and I think I'm going to have to get some once I have some yarn money (hopefully soon!). Next I need to decide on a project.

I didn't think to take pictures last night (maybe I'll remember next week when I hope to return), but here's a photo of the shawl I worked on:

Lacy Shawl WIP

1 comment:

Tink said...

Heavens to Betsy! I live on Brackenbury too! Where are you???? So glad you had fun at Knit Knight @ YITF!